Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
About AMPD Technologies
The team at AMPD Technologies has been providing high-performance computing and infrastructure solutions to leading companies in the games, visual effects, and animation sectors for nearly twenty years. Now the company is working on an upgraded, high-performance compute and cloud offering that addresses the needs of companies building low-latency applications.
Status: Full-time / Permanent.
Location: Remote / Open to applicants authorized to work in Canada.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Senior Software Engineer at AMPD, you will be joining a team developing new features related to AMPD’s self-service, high-performance cloud portal and automated billing systems. You will participate in development sprints, contributing to every facet of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
You may also be called upon to support the platforms you have helped to develop.
Your Impact as a Senior Software Engineer
- Evolve AMPD’s products by delving into new technologies and finding innovative ways to implement them
- Contribute to the development and design of AMPD’s solutions in an agile, team environment.
- Participate in product discussions, influence the development roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over projects to make them happen.
- Understand the architectures and capabilities of a wide range of large open-source projects, ingesting and contributing to the communities.
- Develop and assess rapid prototypes involving bleeding-edge and unfamiliar technologies and new ideas.
- Identify and resolve the root causes of complex problems, leaving systems better and easier to maintain than when you found them.
- Identify patterns that negatively affect the performance, reliability, or availability of services and seek to eradicate them from the system through automation or other technical innovation.
- Maintain documentation regarding software architecture, design decisions, and feature consumption related to the cloud platforms.
Your track record will include:
- 5+ years of experience across a broad range of technologies and a demonstrated ability to learn new complex technologies quickly.
- Comfortable working in R&D and/or product development environments.
- The ability to communicate effectively and make complex information accessible.
- Expertise in developing, testing, and shipping well-designed and implemented software in a fast-paced production environment.
- An excellent working knowledge of container and virtualization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, and possibly some experience with AWS/GCP/Azure etc.
- Experience interacting with existing, well-documented REST APIs and deploying new API services.
- The capacity to troubleshoot unprecedented problems or situations;
The nice to haves:
- Experience working with OpenStack projects and developing code that integrates with existing project codebases.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Strong Linux fundamentals.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume via email with subject line “Senior Software Engineer” to hcet.dpma@sboj
AMPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.