About AMPD Technologies
The team at AMPD Technologies has been providing high-performance computing and infrastructure solutions to leading companies in the games, visual effects and animation sectors for nearly twenty years. Now, as a member of Canada's Digital Technology Supercluster, AMPD is applying its expertise in high-performance computing, intensive data management, processing, and visualization to benefit a broader cross-section of industry partners and projects.
Role Location: Open to applicants authorized to work in Ireland, EU
The Challenge Ahead
Reporting to the Sales Team Lead with a dotted line to the Chief Technology Officer, the role of Sales Engineer with AMPD is a strategically important position across AMPD as we continue to solidify our client relationships across EMEA. You will act as a primary point of contact for client organizations, working alongside sales and business development teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical requirements and objections, and develop strategies to resolve technical blockers.
Your Impact at AMPD
You will work with our prospective and existing clients to solve high performance compute and technology related challenges.
Act as a translating conduit that can communicate technical and functional aspects of AMPD's products and services to clients and their unique requirements back to our engineering team.
What You'll Accomplish as a Sales Engineer:
- Developing technical & operational knowledge of all AMPD product offerings.
- Acting as a consultant and advisor bringing a customer facing perspective to internal teams and convey feedback to product management and research & development teams.
- Working with our sales and product teams to develop client solution architecture design.
- Liaising with channel partners and direct customers to offer technical advice and guidance.
- Positioning the Company's products and services, validating customer requirements, performing product demonstrations, and winning the confidence of client prospects.
- Assessing client needs and issues, providing strong technical analysis and problem-solving capabilities, using creativity and expertise to transform ambiguous and often complex opportunities into significant deals.
- Identifying, developing, proposing, implementing and supporting appropriate technology solutions for prospective and existing customers.
- Negotiating with vendors and suppliers to provide complete, cost effective solutions for clients.
- Creating the technical components of product and solution proposals, including diagrams, written descriptions etc.
- Ensuring the successful and timely delivery of client solutions.
- Supporting customers' proofs of concept.
The Sales Engineer will also provide broader support to AMPD by:
- Providing training and support for other members of the sales team.
- Providing strategic and tactical input regarding business and market opportunities and issues by remaining up to date on technology and market trends.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
Your Track Record will Include:
Experience in animation and visual effects, video games or Industry 4.0-related technology an advantage.
- Thorough technical knowledge of high-performance compute infrastructure including:
- Storage solutions, including block, file, object
- Network architecture- routing, switching, firewalls
- Technical knowledge in any of the following an asset:
- Cloud computing (OpenStack, KVM, Hyper-V, VMware)
- VDI (Teradici, Leostream, Parsec)
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux
- Experience with writing and modifying scripts
- Experience in building and maintain relationships with hardware and software vendors
- Efficient problem-solving and analytical skills
- Broad understanding of Enterprise and Managed Services architectures
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technology, its benefits, and how it can be leveraged to achieve business goals & objectives
- In-depth knowledge of Visio or similar diagram tools is a definite advantage
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written, to technical and business stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn new systems and vendors, as needed.
- Big picture thinker.
AMPD Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.