Operations Support Technician
Operations Support Technician
About AMPD Technologies
The team at AMPD Technologies has been providing high-performance computing and infrastructure solutions to leading companies in the games, visual effects and animation sectors for nearly twenty years. Now, as a founding member of Canada's Digital Technology Supercluster, AMPD is applying its expertise in high-performance computing, intensive data management, processing, and visualization to benefit a broader cross-section of industry partners and projects.
The challenge ahead:
As AMPD Technologies’ newest Operations Support Technician, you will support the optimization and health of AMPD’s global cloud deployment from Vancouver. You will be accountable for provisioning new hardware and ensuring the day-to-health of the deployments. You’ll also focus on responding to incidents and helping to build out environments that minimize likelihood of customer issues. The role will be customer-facing, prioritizing issues that may arise with our clients, ensuring swift resolution to maintain uptime.
Why you’re a great fit for our Operations Team:
You’ve got a great sense of priority and initiative to manage multiple tasks and projects, ensuring our overall infrastructure is in good health while understanding what elements contribute to a critical/priority issue allowing you to progress autonomously.
You believe in clear and consistent documentation to give your team the information they need to manage their roles, and ensure that processes and systems are explicitly articulated for all supporting parties.
You believe in great service to give our clients, near and far, the attention, communication, and support they need to resolve issues quickly and with sustainable long-term solutions.
What you’ll do as a Operations Support Technician:
- Oversee and support servers, virtualization layer and data storage / backup solutions.
- Carry and respond to an off-hours communications device, in order to provide 24x7 support for systems under management.
- Manage network infrastructure and configuration, including switches, firewalls, VPNs to ensure that the network is secure and in compliance with all applicable requirements
- Install, manage and support enterprise operations solutions including monitoring, logging, ticketing, virus protection and intrusion detection.
- Assist the development and deployment of technologies necessary to enhance services.
- Work with management, peers and vendors to provide ongoing monitoring, performance tuning and ensure service level objectives are met.
- Technical Writing: Creation and maintenance of troubleshooting and operational documentation for all systems under management.
- Provide and receive cross-discipline training in order to ensure maximum availability of systems under management.
- Actively pursue opportunities, as an individual and as part of a group, to improve knowledge, tools and processes for systems under management.
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing confidentiality and privacy rules pursuant to all applicable policies.
- Communicate effectively verbally, and in written form.
Your track record will include:
- Minimum two years of experience in system administration and at least two years involved in technology support.
- Working experience with both physical and virtual infrastructures.
- Windows Server 2019 & Linux Servers (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
- Demonstrated experience working with: Cisco, Dell, Brocade/Ruckus enterprise and datacenter routing and switching.
- L2 STP, Etherchannels, VPC, MLAG
- Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with OpenStack, Prometheus and/or Fortinet security appliances an asset
Location: Vancouver, BC
To apply, please send your resume with the subject line: “Operations Support Technician” hcet.dpma@sboj.
AMPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.