About AMPD Technologies
The team at AMPD Technologies has been providing high-performance computing and infrastructure solutions to leading companies in the games, visual effects and animation sectors for nearly twenty years.
Full time, permanent
Location: Remote, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Cloud Engineer, you’ll be joining a team engineering, deploying and operating 24x7x365 an OpenStack based, on premise cloud solution. You’ll participate in creating, deploying and scaling our cloud infrastructure for different teams while also contributing to the execution of various projects and acting as a second level support for the platforms (including 7/24 pager support).
Your Impact as a Cloud Engineer
- Solving complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices;
- Working with your team to invent, design, and build systems that are stable and efficient;
- Considering the legacy of the systems you produce, how they will scale, and limit the use of short-term workarounds. Make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are judicious about introducing dependencies;
- Identifying patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and drive them out of the system through automation or other technical innovation;
- Resolving the root cause of complex problems, leaving systems better and easier to maintain than when you found them;
- Maintaining and operate the Private Cloud platforms (Openstack/KVM) with an emphasis on security, using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Conducting virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments and improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations;
- Performing system & application patching, upgrade firmware and monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Maintaining documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Cloud platforms;
- Participating in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Working on project ideas with stakeholders, and peers;
- Answering user’s query and service requests.
Your track record will include:
- Expertise of virtualization, storage and networking technology;
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix
- In-depth knowledge of Linux system administration;
- In-depth understanding of Openstack and KVM;
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server / Active Directory;
- In-depth understanding of object storage (Swift) is an asset;
- In-depth understanding of Configuration Management systems like Chef & Puppet & Ansible is an asset;
- Knowledge about container and virtual technologies like Docker and Kubernetes containers or distributed storage systems an asset
- Capacity to troubleshoot unprecedented problems or situations;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and make complex information accessible;
Location: Remote, but must be open to working AMPD’s core hours of 8AM-5PM PST
How to Apply: Please submit your resume via email with subject line “Cloud Engineer” to hcet.dpma@sboj
AMPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.